Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

October, 2010

Repainting Surplus Army Truck with CARC Paint

Q. I bought a surplus army pickup to rebuild for everyday use. I plan to repaint it with urethane paint. I was planing to just wet sand and spray a sealer over the carc but i cannot find any information on this. I hope not to have to strip it down to metal.

A. After you sand down the old paint, apply one coat of epoxy primer MIL-P-53022. Allow it to dry and then apply the CARC topcoat.


Ron Joseph

What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center