Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

September, 2005

External Mix Two Component Spray Guns

Q. I am looking for a spray gun / airbrush that gets feed from 2 different type of elements (chemicals) or what not, sprays them out and mixes the 2 in mid-air right before hitting the product that we are applying the coating/paint, etc... Is there such an appliance?

A. Such spray guns do exist. If you search for Internet for "external mix two component spray gun" you will find that Graco/Gusmer is one such company. Bear in mind that these guns are very special and are used in the construction industry where the two components cure extremely quickly after they have been mixed. They are NOT the popular guns that are generally used to apply conventional two-part polyurethanes, epoxies, etc.

Best wishes,

Ron Joseph

What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center