Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

September, 2004

Viscosity Conversion Charts

Q. I am in the gravure/flexo printing industry and we also use the no. 2 and no. 3 zahn cups. On my researches, a lot of the chemical suppliers specify viscosities in cps. I need to translate this into seconds zahn cup 2 in order to determine the proper cylinder specifications to use. Can you help me. Is there available conversion chart from seconds zahn cup 2 to cps and vice versa? Can you please e-mail a copy to me.

All of the vendors who sell viscosity cups can give you a conversion chart. Here are two companies that should be able to assist you: Gardco or BYK Gardner

Best wishes,

Ron Joseph

What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center