Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

May, 2004

Selecting Spray Gun for Painting Wooden Furniture

Q. I run a small unfinished furniture store. I do some finishing for my customers. I have a HVLP system. I find it to be good for most of what I do but not paints. I like to use only water based products. What kind of system do you recommend for paints? Thank you.

A. Many cabinet makers and refinishers use a turbine HVLP spray system. Because the equipment is designed for the professional spray painter, there are no limitations on the type of paint they use; water or solvent. If you are planning to continue to service your customers with furniture finishing, it would be worth your while to invest in a quality HVLP system. The Graco Co. provides an excellent turbine spray unit and is available for both small and large volume spray painting.

Best regards,

Tom Burke

What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center