Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

May, 2003

Getting Rid of Odors

Q. We have excessive unpleasant odors in our house and would like to eliminate them by passing the air through zeolyte. Do you think this would work?

A. Zeolites are toxic to humans and animals. I would not recommend them for home use. Use activated carbon instead, which is non-toxic. This can be found as replacements for your furnace/air conditioning filter or as specialty air purifier items in some catalogs.


What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center