Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

March, 2005

Respirators for CARC Polyurethanes

Q. Sir, I would like to get as much information about preparing and applying CARC coatings. Do need I need a forced air respirator for a water based Hentzen brand CARC?

A. If you are using large quantities of CARC you should wear a forced air supplied respirator. For only small quantities of CARC you should wear a NIOSH-approved cartridge respirator designed for use with polyurethanes. I can't give you a breakdown of what "large" and "small" are, but in my opinion if you are working in a spray booth that is fogged over with overspray, you should wear the air supplied respirator.

Rather safe than sorry!

What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center