Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

March, 2005

Principle of Measuring Dry Film Thickness

Q. I need information of principal of measuring dry film thickness. My aim is to learn logic of the measurement. I may give a presentation about this topic in the future. I have been using elcometer 456 f-probe. I would also like to learn basic mathematical approach. Thanks in advance.

A. Companies such as BYK-Gardner and GARDCO, both of which can be found on the Internet, have information on film thickeness measurements on their websites. Also look at DeFelsko, Elcometer and Positec. I'm sure you will find the information you require.

Best wishes,

Ron Joseph

What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center