Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

March, 2004

Testing VOCs in Waterborne Paints

Q. I'm looking for a paint specification 44275 and 44725... If you could help please,

A. You can either perform the tests yourself provided that you have the laboratory equipmrent, or send the paint samples to a laboratory for testing. Most wet chemistry labs can perform the VOC tests to EPA Method 24. A list of exempt solvents can be found at 40 CFR 51.100(s) which you will find on the EPAs website.


What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center