Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

March, 2003

Dry Film Thickness

Q. What industry standards are applicable the measurement of dry film thickness as related to latex paint applied to interior gyspum wall board?

A. I'm not aware of "industry standards", but there are DFT tools that you can purchase from coating instrument companies such as BYK-Gardner and Gardco, both of which have websites.

BYK-Gardner USA

Paul Gardner Company

You will be looking for destructive instruments that measure paint on nonmetallic surfaces.

What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center