Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

June, 2004

Protecting Reflective Paint

Q. We are looking for reflective UV protecting paint to coat nylon or polyester fabric to be used as a shade for windows. Can you recommend the type of paint, method of application and vendors that manufacture this type of paint?

A. I can remember years ago formulating a window shade coating using a vinyl resin. We were not concerned with UV properties at the time.

Today, however, I would suggest using a butyrate resin and incorporate UV absorbing surfactants. To get started, check the web site at Tennessee Eastman.

Best regards,

Tom Burke


What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center