Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

December, 2003

Powder Film Thickness Measurement

Q. I have been trying to find suitable measuring equipment for the following:

1. Un-cured and Cured Powder film thickness on a cylinderical can, the size of a coke can .

2. A device for measuring the velocity of powder coming out of a powder nozzle.

3. A device for measuring the dilution airflow and powder volume coming out of a powder nozzle.

A. You might contact the Nordson Corporation since they are among the largest international suppliers of powder coating equipment. My contact person is the Marketing Manager, Ken Kreeger for film thickness instruments contact either or

What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center