Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

August, 2005

Touch Up Primers for CARC Topcoat

Q. I need to touch up primers for CARC topcoat. Can I use any primer or is my selection limited to a few options?

A. If you are working to a military specification, you must use a CARC primer; either MIL-P-53030 or MIL-P-53022. Both of them are two-component epoxy primers. If you are not working to a military specification and do not need to satisfy the CARC requirements, then you can use any epoxy primer.

Best wishes,

Ron Joseph

What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center