Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

April, 2005

Selecting Narrow Spray Gun Gan Width

Q. Can you give me advice on what gun to buy or tip size to get a narrow spray with, say about 4" wide. Thank you.

A. ITW-DeVilboiss, Binks, Fluid Air Products and others sell HVLP spray guns that can give you a narrow fan width. Offhand I don't know what size you would need to purchase, but if you look at the vendor's literature it will list the nozzles, orifices and cap sizes for different fan widths. Also, you will need to pick the fluid deloivery rate that you wish to achieve.

Best wishes,

Ron Joseph

What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center